Ender-3 S1: 50 common printer problems and how to solve?
Ender-3 S1 （"Sprite" bringing ideas to life）- High quality printing with "Sprite" direct extruder, CR-Touch automatic leveling and dual Z-axis synchronization.
Here are 50 common printer problems for Ender-3 S1 that we collected, which we hope will be helpful to you.
1. How to add if Ender-3 S1 software has no corresponding model?
Please open the software to find the added model/printer, select custom, and input the machine size to be added, please note that the nozzle aperture column should be consistent with the actual nozzle aperture of the machine, and then tick the hotbed option.
2. What is the difference between Ender-3 S1 partial support and full support?
Partial support, only add the hot bed to the support of the model, and the support before the model and the model is not added. It is generally recommended to use all the support directly.
3. What are the common slicing printing parameter settings?
|Shell thickness||1.2 mm|
|Fill||15% ~ 25%|
|Hot bed||45 ~ 55|
|Support type||All support|
|Type of platform attachment||underlying grid|
|Drawback length||6 to 8mm|
*Retain the default values for other parameters.
4. What format is the printing file?
The final file suffix is Gcode format.
5. Is there a model format requirement?
Only models in STL, OBJ, and AMF formats are supported.
6. What are the 5 ICONS in the upper right corner of Slicing software used for?
1) Normal mode, usually displayed after STL files are placed. To change parameters, it is necessary to change them in this mode;
4) perspective mode, basically not used;
5) Slicing preview mode, which can preview the whole process of printing and is mostly used as slice reference.
7. Is there any other slicing software available for Ender-3 S1?
Cura & Simplify.
8. How to install the software？
Please download the installation package from our official website.
9. Can Ender-3 S1 move the nozzle manually?
You can manually move the nozzle by clicking "Turn off motor" when "Prepare".
10. Can Ender-3 S1 switch language between Chinese and English?
Open the Prepare screen -- select Language.
11. Is the Ender-3 S1 a dual z-axis rod?--Yes.
12. Is there a function of filament detector?--Yes.
13. Is there a function of resume printing?--Yes.
14. What's the maximum temperature of the hotbed?--100℃.
15. What's the maximum nozzle temperature that can be reached?--260℃.
16. What's the power consumption of the Ender-3 S1?
The overall power rating of the machine is 350W, with low power consumption.
17. Is it possible to use the local voltage of 110V only?
The power supply has two gears of 115V and 230V for adjustment, the current frequency is 50/60Hz, and the DC output is 24V.
18. Can Ender-3 S1 be connected to a computer for printing?
Offline printing and online printing are supported. Generally, offline printing is recommended.
19. What kind of filaments can Ender-3 S1 print?
PLA, TPU, PETG, and other linear filaments can be printed (ABS needs to be printed with an insulation cover).
20. Can Ender-3 S1 print filaments with 3mm?
Only 1.75mm diameter filaments are supported.
21. What is the printing accuracy of Ender-3 S1?
The standard configuration is a 0.4mm nozzle, which can support the accuracy range of 0.1-0.4mm.
22. Does the Ender-3 S1 support two-sided color-printed?
It is a single nozzle structure, not support two-sided color-printed.
23. What is the print size of the Ender-3 S1 printer?
24. Is the Ender-3 S1 Z-axis limit switch required to be installed?
It does not need to be installed by default. When the automatic leveling CR-Touch cannot be used, it is necessary to install the Z-axis limit switch and use manual leveling to complete the leveling.
25. After the Ender-3 S1 is installed or placed for a period of time, what if the X-axis movement is stuck?
Check whether the V wheel is stuck, and adjust it until smooth.
26. After the Ender-3 S1 is installed, what if the Z-axis movement is stuck?
After the screw is installed, it is necessary to adjust the screw nut so that the axis of its up and down movement is consistent, so as to maintain smooth movement.
27. Why does the platform wobble after the Ender-3 S1 is installed?
Adjust the eccentric nut at the V wheel of the hotbed. If it is too loose, it will shake, and if it is too tight, it will be stuck.
28. After the installation of Ender-3 S1, what if the nozzle kit shakes?
Tighten the eccentric nut on the backplane of the nozzle kit. After debugging, it can slide around. If it is tight, it is stuck, and if it is loose, it is sloshing.
29. Where are the Ender-3 S1 filaments frame installed?
The filament frame is fixed above the gantry, and the filament frame is placed vertically on it. The screw can be used after locking.
30. How long does it take to assemble the Ender-3 S1?
Generally ranging from 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the proficiency of the machine.
31. Why does Ender-3 S1 software installation always fails?
1) Check whether it is installed on drive C of the computer.
2) The software is not compatible with the computer system, and then try another software.
32. How to do if the Ender-3 S1 knob does not work?
1) Pull out the rotary button 2 mm gently;
2) Replace the button or screen.
33. How to deal with the card trough reading no response?
1) Format the storage card;
2) Check whether the card trough is loose;
3) Alcohol cleaning card trough oxidation;
4) Replace the card trough.
34. What is the problem of excessive temperature fluctuation of the Ender-3 S1 nozzle?
Check whether the thermistor is loose. If yes, re-insert the cables.
35. How to do when the Ender-3 S1 nozzle on automatic heating/temperature display abnormal?
Use multimeter to measure the motherboard end nozzle terminal voltage (the manual has a motherboard diagram), Without the instructions for heating (24V voltage), if there is a motherboard fault, can be replaced with a new motherboard; Otherwise, it may be a thermal problem, replace the new one.
36. How to do when the Ender-3 S1 Hot bed automatic heating/temperature display is abnormal after startup?
Use multimeter to measure the motherboard end hot bed terminal voltage (the manual has a motherboard diagram), Without the instructions for heating (24V voltage), if there is a motherboard fault, can be replaced with a new motherboard; Otherwise, it may be a thermal problem, replace the new one.
37. How to fix if Ender-3 S1 Fan does not work or makes noise?
1) Clean the fan and check whether there is any clutter interference;
2) Check whether the screws and fan cover are loose and then secure them;
3) Check whether the fan blade is damaged or broken. Replace a new one.
38. Can Ender-3 S1 software default parameters print models directly?--Yes.
39. How to fix when Ender-3 S1 printing stopped automatically?
1) The slicing problem: When it fails or is not fully exported. Slice again or wait until the export progress is done;
2) File transfer is interrupted during the printing process of the SD card. Replace the SD card or format the SD card.
40. How to solve when Ender-3 S1 nozzle with glue leakage?
1) Heat the nozzle head to 230, remove the nozzle kit while maintaining the temperature, and then remove the heating block and throat tube separately to cool the nozzle after removing;
2) Prepare a bottle of red glue, apply the red glue to the thread of the throat tube, stand for 1 minute, then reinstall the throat tube and heating block, and then re-install the nozzle kit according to the original steps.
41. How to do when the filament not feeding?
1) Please check whether the extrusion gear on the motor is loose, and then tighten the top wire;
2) Please check whether the filaments are tied or stuck and straighten them out;
3) The nozzle is plugged in, and you need to pipe it.
42. How to handle Ender-3 S1 platform and nozzle sloshing?
Tighten the eccentric nut and adjust the hot bed platform nut.
43. How long is the after-sale warranty for Ender-3 S1?
It's guaranteed for one year, while the nozzle kit is for three months.
44. How do I maintain the Ender-3 S1 3D printer?
Clean the fan blades regularly, grease the screw regularly, and clean the throat tube regularly (3-6 months).
45. How to deal with the lack of material when Ender-3 S1 printing?
When it is found that filaments are not enough to complete printing, refuel in time.
46. How does Ender-3 S1 acquire the model?
Via 3D scanner, DIY model, and website download.
47. How do I handle the edge warping problem when printing?
The temperature of the hotbed can be set to 50-60 degrees, re-leveling, nozzle and hot bed to maintain the thickness of 1 sheet of A4 paper, printing area coated with the solid stick.
48. How do I save the Ender-3 S1 slicing file?
Either go to 'Save Gcode file' in the file or click the Save icon in the middle of the upper left corner of the screen.
49. How do I switch fast mode to full mode?
Open the Tools option in the menu bar to switch modes.
50. Why is the Ender-3 S1 bottom support always unglued and easy to fall?
The contact surface of the support itself is small, and it is difficult to bond with the platform directly. It would be better to add a base for the model to solve it.